'Cooling Mother Earth: New York's Footprint in Nature, Then and Now'
Unitarian Church of Barneveld - Barneveld, NY
A lecture/multimedia presentation by Dr. Robert Spiegelman probes the question by revisiting key moments in the Empire State's development history - especially its Indian, infrastructure and conservation legacies; then linking them to today's environmental crises. To find answers, Dr. Spiegelman unearths the hidden roots of New Yorkers' conflicting views of nature, development and civilization - both then and now. Sponsored by New York Humanities Council Speakers for the Humanities program. Free.
Barneveld, NY 13304
- Jak's Bar & Grill (formerly Andee's Tavern) 120 Mappa Ave., Barneveld, NY
- Trenton Municipal Center 8520 Old Poland Road, Barneveld, NY
- Barneveld Free Library Boon Street, Barneveld, NY
- Van's Tavern , Barneveld, NY
- Unity Hall 101 Vanderkemp Ave., Barneveld, NY
- St. David's Episcopal Church 140 Mappa Ave., Barneveld, NY