Women Illustrators in the Golden Age of Illustration 1880-1920
From 1880 to 1920, the American Golden Age of Illustration established American artists as the dominant force in success of the mass publication industry. Ten women illustrators among the large number of contract, staff and commissioned artists are recognized to be among the best. Original publication prints with artist and art documentation present the works of Anna Whelan Betts, Maginel Wright Enwright, Mary Hallock Foote, Elizabeth Shippen Green, Violet Oakley, Mary Wilson Preston, Florence Scovel Shinn, Jesse Wilcox Smith, Alice Barber Stephens and Sarah Stillwell Weber.
The Edith Langley Barrett Fine Art Gallery is located on the lower level of the Frank E. Gannett Memorial Library. Exhibit hours are Monday- Friday 1pm - 5pm, and Saturday 12pm - 3pm. Admission is free.
A Collector's Reception will take place on Saturday, Feb. 1 from 5pm- 7pm. Exhibit continues through Feb. 21.
Utica, NY 13502
- Utica College, Donahue Auditorium, Gordon Science Center 1600 Burrstone Road, Utica, NY
- Utica College - Library Concourse 1600 Burrstone Road, Utica, NY
- Utica College - Clark Athletic Center 1600 Burrstone Road, Utica, NY
- St. Luke's Home 1650 Champlin Ave., Utica, NY
- Friendly's Restaurant 1700 Burrstone Road, New Hartford, NY
- Holiday Inn - Utica 1777 Burrstone Road, New Hartford, NY